WaveSurgeon has been given a best buy 'Computer Music' magazine AND earned a 93% rating / PLATINUM Award in Future Music - see the news page for more information
Square Circle are designers of WaveSurgeon, a breakbeat (drum loop) tool, designed to automate the process of editing samples. WaveSurgeon automatically detects segments and loop points within a sample, and will:
- Save a midi timing template of the sample to a standard midi file.
- Save segments into a SoundFont, DLS, Gigasampler, or Pinnacle bank file, and also transmit via SDS and SMIDI (full support for the Yamaha A3000 / EX, Akai S2000 series, and E-Mu ESI samplers included).
- Slow down and speed up a loop without changing its pitch,and transpose / pitch bend a loop without changing its speed in real time (with sequencer);
Two versions of WaveSurgeon are now available - the Basic Registration, and the Advanced Registration. SMIDI and SCSI sampler support, as well as DirectX plugin capablility, are only present in the Advanced Registration; however, the Basic Registration is identical in all other respects. Future upgrades for the Advanced Registration include support for additional samplers, and new beat mangling features; however, upgrades to the Basic version are continually developed.
Uses for WaveSurgeon include:
- Automatically picking out drum samples (segments) from loops;
- Replacing single drum sounds with others;
- Using the midi timing template to replace the original sounds in a loop with others;
- Reprogramming loops, creating new loops or fills.
- Speedily editing not just drum beats, but also vocals + other types of sample;
- Precisely editing loops with WaveSurgeon's editing tools.
- Filtering with soundcard / sampler on-board filters, and adding effects (reverb,etc.) in real time.
- Overlaying loops which would otherwise be at a different tempo;
- Creating SoundFonts for use with the Koan regenerative music program;
- Creative editing with DirectX plugins.
New to version 2.7
- Now extends samples, using new 'smoothing' feature, allowing you to slow the beats right down without gaps;
- Now supports GigaSampler files;
- New bug fixes + features;
- DirectX plugin support - Advanced registration only;
- Can now map files across the keyboard using the improved batch send feature - Advanced registration only;
- Support for Akai S2000 / S3000XL / S3200XL - Advanced registration only;
WaveSurgeon features a full range of editing tools. These include the ability to add, move, disable / enable and lock / unlock points, and silence/ reverse segments. There is also full windows clipboard support, allowing the user to copy and paste segments around within the sample. Export of a sample via the clipboard to a dedicated sample editing program is also possible, allowing external processing before being pasted back into WaveSurgeon.
>> More about WaveSurgeon
products - news - download - order - support - search - links - contact